Our Issue Briefs
As high school and college fellows, we have developed issue briefs across 3 sectors: education, justice, and health. Exploring structural racism within the Black community across these sectors, we also examined the recent impact of COVID-19, through existing data.
The 7 issue briefs were first available on August 13, 2020 at 12 PM at the rally along with its own set of recommendations and demands.
Please consider a donation to our organization, here.
The issue briefs cover the following topics:
- Justice – Wrongful Convictions
- Justice – Police Brutality
- Justice – Poor Health Conditions (Prisons)
- Justice – Mass Incarceration and Recidivism Rates
- Education – Zero Tolerance Policies and Punitive Measures
- Education – Access and Opportunity
- Health – Black Maternal Health
We encourage our friends, youth, schools, and communities to review the suggested reading recommendations and sources as it relates to education, justice, and health offered on http://thegemproject.org/rally2020.
This website will serve as a resource for the community and guide to have many thoughtful conversations surrounding structural racism and youth organizing today to push forward.