Facts: Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisations (GAVI) Funding and Current Conditions
- Today – Dave Cameron, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, hosts a summit for GAVI to fill the funding gap of $3.7 billion.
- There is a global shortage of over 3.5 million health care workers and services to help administer vaccines to children in need.
- If GAVI‘s work is fully funded today, the lives of 4 million children would be spared because they have been immunized by 2015.
- Every 20 seconds a child dies of a disease that could otherwise be cured from being vaccinated.
- Bill Gates of Melinda & Gates foundation pledges 1 billion dollars to donate towards to filling the gap to date.
- 80% of Gavi’s funding is spent on vaccines.
- Find ways you can be of help: (here).
Please visit our main website, www.thegemproject.org. This is just a subpage, the TEAM Blog.