The Gem Project made a partnership with Alnissa Craig of Cookingwithbesos.com. We hope to educate our youth and young adults on developing healthy eating habits. It starts by what you decide to place in your mouth! Alnissa shares her “healthy eats” with us, bi-monthly.
By: Alnissa Craig of Cooking with Besos
See: Alnissa’s hello message, here!
Whole Wheat Mini-Pizzas
- 1 15-oz package of whole wheat pizza dough
- ½ cup your favorite jarred tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded or sliced mozzarella
- Flour for dusting your board
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil
- Banana peppers
- Chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prep a baking sheet by covering it with aluminum foil and spreading tablespoon of olive oil around the whole pan.
- First start by flouring a wooden board to prevent your dough from sticking. Remove the whole wheat pizza dough from the package and lightly flour on each side. Divide dough in half, from this dough you are going to make two pizzas. Grab one ball of dough and form the dough by gently pulling and pushing the dough around with your hands until you form a disc into your desired thickness.
- Transfer your formed dough from the board to your oiled baking sheet. Sprinkle a pinch of salt onto the dough. Next, add a tablespoon of tomato sauce and spread around the dough with the back of your spoon. Add your shredded or sliced mozzarella to the top of your dough. Now is the time where you can add whatever toppings you desire, let your imagination run wild!
- Once you have all your desired toppings place the baking sheet into your 400 degree oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until all the cheese has melted and the dough is a crisp golden brown. Remove from oven, allow to cool for a minute or two. Slice and enjoy!
Alnissa Craig is a wife, mother of two, enthusiastic home cook, baker and food blogger. You can find her recipes and musing on her blog cookingwithbesos.com and on twitter @cookingwbesos.