Last September, the Gem Project had the opportunity of participating in Rutgers School of Public Affairs and Administration’s 2nd Annual Public Service Week
. We wrote about our experience (here)
. SPAA is doing monumental things for our students and our community. Here at the Gem Project, we wanted to share with you a contest that they’re currently running. The contest titled, Show Us Your Public Service Hero, aims to highlight a public service hero within the community through the use of video.
The deadline is exactly one week from today. All entrants have the possibility of winning an iPAD 2, iPOD Touch, or an iTUNES gift card. If you’re not a student, please share this information with someone! We recommend all entrants be creative. We have attached the important details below.
– The Gem Project Staff
|Credit: Rutgers SPAA Website, the following information was directly retrieved from their website:
RUTGERS-NEWARK VIDEO CONTEST:
SHOW US YOUR PUBLIC SERVICE HERO
Highlight an extraordinary example of Public Service – any person, organization, or policy you believe is doing good work or deserves acknowledgment. Tell us her/his/its story in a two-minute or less video and connect their story to at least one of Rutgers School of Public Affairs and Administration’s four priniciples: Competence, Diversity, Knowledge, Service.
HOW TO ENTER
Upload your video to YouTube through your own account then submit your information via the registration form. [See How To Enter]
Select contest entries and winning videos will be featured on SPAA’s website, YouTube Channel, and Virtual Museum of Public Service. There are three prize categories:
- First Place: prize of an iPad2
- First Runner-up: prize of an iPod Touch
- Second Runner-up: prize of an iTunes gift card
- The contest officially starts October 1, 2011.
- Deadline to enter is 11:59 pm, November 10, 2011. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube and submission forms must be submitted via email by 11:59 pm, November 10, 2011.
- Winners will be announced Monday, November 21, 2011 from 4-6pm in room 203 of Center of Urban and Public Service at a light reception where all the finalists’ videos will be shown. Attendance of video contest entrants is requested.
Video submissions will be judged on:
- Content – subject matter and content of the video
- Creativity – video creativity, utilization of video elements
- SPAA’s Four Principles – how well it speaks to (at least one of) SPAA’s four principles [See Tips and Notes]
- Overall Score – how the overall video looks, sounds, and feels when viewed
To be eligible for prizes, entrants must be:
- A current Rutgers University Student (undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and/or online students, in-state or out-of-state students, or any student currently – during the Fall 2011 semester – taking at least one course at Rutgers are all eligible)
- A current New Jersey High School Student
Multiple eligible students may work on a video, but only one prize will be awarded per entry. Only one entry allowed per student.
Not eligible for prizes:
- Faculty and Staff of SPAA and their families
- Any student working for SPAA in any capacity
TIPS AND NOTES
[See Tips and Notes]
RULES AND REGULATIONS
[See Rules and Regulations]
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
|P.SIf you enter, please let us know. We would like to hear about your experience.In addition, stay tuned to hear about how we took on cyber-bullying last month! We’re going to give a full report.